Monday, April 21, 2008

Monday Lunchtime Sketch Challenge #14

We are just coming off our Spring Break here and it is always so hard for me to send my son back to school after having a week with him! It is even harder to him, lol. We had a great time and we were very fortunate to have wonderful weather. But now it is back to the daily grind! So as we begin another week at least we have the new sketch challenge to look forward to. I really enjoy seeing all the creations that you guys come up with for these sketches. This week is easy peasy! So if you have never played along before this is a great week to start! All you need to do is create a card using my sketch and post a comment on my blog with a link to your card. That is it! I will post your link for everyone else to view too. And you do not need a blog to play -- you can upload to any online site you want. So let's see what you can come up with. Here is the sketch.

And now for my card. I had fun with this one. I used the mirror image technique to make the two birds from the one bird in the Pun Fun stamp set.


I was pretty pleased with how it turned out. They are holding a cupcake from the retired set Figures of Speech. The little birds on the bottom corner are from another retired set called Love Ya Bunches. (they need to see ink once in a while too ya know)

Supplies used
Stamps: Pun Fun, Love Ya Bunches, Figures of Speech
Ink: Basic Black
Paper: Bashful Blue, Basic Black, So Saffron, Whisper White
Other: markers, cuttlebug, nestabilities, striped ribbon and acetate

Hope you enjoy. You are sure to enjoy these wonderful cards done by my stamping friends.



15 nice people left a comment:

Claudia Perry said...

It really is funny that we have used the same background!! I need to tell you though that I absoluteley LOVE the piercing/or dots you've added!

Anonymous said...

This is so cute!! I love those birds.

Anonymous said...

Mary Jo..this is so cute. I never get the "reverse" thing to work out..It's usually to thin on the ink. But yours is soooooo cute. Barb S.

Basement Stamper said...

Great card MJ, I love this set, it's got to be one of my favorites and I can't believe I waited so long to get it. Great sketch this week, easy to work with!

Lisa Somerville said...

Love the mirror imaging of the birds - too cute!

Jayme Downs said...

great card and sketch!! :) I thought I'd make one. http://scrappermama.blogspot.com/2008/04/card-challenge.html

Tammy said...

Great sketch!! I love doing these!! Here's mine:

http://stampwithtammy.typepad.com/stamp_with_tammy/2008/04/monday-lunchtim.html

Anita Van Hal said...

Love it! Fun sketch!

I posted mine as well:

Anita Van Hal
Praierie Papier Ponderer
http://www.anitastamps.com

Thanks for letting me play!

Carolyn said...

I'm a day late with the challenge, but that's how it goes for me. This is my first time participating. If you'd like to see me card, it's at www.stamphappymomma.com.

Gerrie Johnnic said...

Oh, just adorable...how cute is that!

Lori said...

I love how you used the Pun Fun bird image on your card! Fantastic sketch this week--here's my try at it:http://inkingaloud.blogspot.com/2008/04/shabby-stripes-hydrangea.html

dasimonds said...

nice sketch...
Adorable Card!
Wonderful Job using the
mirror technique!!
Love the soft colors used.

Unknown said...

hi MJ - loved your sketch as always! here is mine http://pezadoodle.blogspot.com/2008/04/more-skittle-album-layout-and-free.html - not a card so i hope it still counts!

Stephanie Hargis said...

I loved this sketch MJ! Thanks so much! Here is my card: http://stephsstampinstuff.blogspot.com/2008/04/this-weeks-color-challenge.html

Hetty said...

Hello Mary Jo,
Missed some sketches due to being too busy, but I am back and here is my 14th sketch:
http://craftchaos.blogspot.com/2008/04/uitdaging-challenge.html
I love your little birdies!!
Happy Stamping,
Hetty