Thursday, June 19, 2008

Faux Filmstrip Technique and More Sketch Players.


Simple Faux Filmstrip Technique.

Supplies needed:
1 and 3/8 inch square punch
Spiral Punch
Strip of Black Card Stock 2 inches wide by desired length
Stamps, inks, white or light colored card stock for images

There have been many versions of this out there but this is by far the easiest way. Use your spiral punch and punch along the entire length of black card stock on both sides.

Tip: I begin at the same side both times and make it a little larger than I need. Then I trim one side. -- I do not like one side to look perfect and the other to cut off, lol. I also do this with scallops -- I always start with a partial scallop and then there is not one perfect scallop on either end and it looks better --in my opinion.

Stamp images on White/Light card stock. Using 1 and 3/8 inch square punch upside down so you can see where your image is -- punch out desired number of images. These will be a perfect fit on the black strip.

Tip: This looks really cute on a scrapbook page with pictures in the squares!


Didn't I say it was simple. Hope you try it out and let me know how you like it.


Details on my card:

Stamps: Bugs and Kisses
Papers: River Rock, Wild Wasabi, Groovy Guava, Basic Black and Whisper White card stock along with piece of dp from Afternoon Tea collection.
Inks: River Rock, Wild Wasabi, Groovy Guava, Basic Black
Other: Black Brads, double stitch River Rock ribbon, 1 and 3/8 inch square punch, spiral punch, cuttlebug, sizzix die for sentiment frame
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Now for a few more sketch challenge players.

Here is the original post so you can play along too.




Marti at Pez-A-Doodle Designs Studio


Margaret at Margleli Inks


Pat at the Eagles Nest



Thanks ladies! Don't forget to link here if you play so I can share with everyone else.
Hope you have a great day.




1 nice people left a comment:

rozie640 said...

Love your faux film strip card, it is so cute!!! Good for all ages.