Monday, June 2, 2008

Monday Lunchtime Sketch Challenge #20

I really love this sketch today! I got up nice and early and even made three cards for today! I am not so sure about the blue one but I love the other two! And all before 11am, I even impressed myself today! Here is the sketch. It is a really versatile sketch -- so many images would work. My first card is using my favorite -- PUN FUN set. I just love this skunk. And how perfect is this rub on from the Eastern Elegance collection of rub ons. You may have to click on it to see it larger, it says You're a Breath of Fresh Air! Tee Hee, I was so excited when I noticed it. I also used a Fusion Flower to cover the original flower.




And the other great thing about this card is the matching 4 and 3/8 square envelope! I made it my self and it was oh so easy. This is one of those brilliant ideas that {I did not come up with}. I saw it over on Cindy's blog The Creative Closet. She even shows pictures. But essentially you seal up an regular envelope and cut off to make it a square and then re-attach matching paper to make the new flap. Brilliant. Go and give her a little encouragement for this wonderful idea and it was soooooooo easy. Especially if you look at her pictures! Here is a close up view of my envelope. I used the rub ons to decorate it.




This next card is another sneak peek for the brand new line of stamps from Pez-A-Doodle designs. Marti has been known to play a few of these sketch challenge with us. She is releasing a brand new line of stamps on Saturday and I am lucky enough to help her our with some creations. They are really fun stamps, take a look here to see the samples I posted yesterday and keep checking back because I have more samples to add. Amy and Jen will be posting samples at the end of the week to so check them out. Their links are in the last post. This card is using the cobblestone stamp from the background set and the butterfly and fence are from the Scrollybugs set.




Go over to the Pez-A-Doodle designs blog to get in on her contest. She is giving away stuff all week to celebrate the new line of stamps. She has lots of samples to share too.

Now for the last card, I made this card for the inspiration challege on SCS {I haven't posted it there yet though}. The challenge was to use this picture for your inspiration {there was actually a choice of three}



So I used the colors for this card. All of the stamps for this card are from Inkadinkado.



I also used the paisley cuttle bug background and my nestabilites, score pal , circle punches white gel pen, ribbon, paper piercier and mat.



Wow this has been one long post already but don't forget to check out these other
great samples make with this sketch.


Lisa at Splendiferous Creations


Kerry at Three Clover Designs.


Brenda at Memories by Brenda


Adair on Splitcoaststampers



Amy at Patrners in Crimp



and finally Jane has the last card for last weeks sketch

Jane at Jane's Addiction



This should keep you busy for a while!


Have a great day.




10 nice people left a comment:

Amy Caraluzzi said...

Beautiful cards, Mary Jo! I really love what you've done with this week's challenge...in fact, I can't decide which card I love best! :-)

Hetty said...

Lovely cards you made! Esp. the one for the SCS challenge!
Here is my card:
http://craftchaos.blogspot.com/2008/06/maandag-lunch-schets-monday-lunch.html

Pat Huntoon said...

Beautiful cards! Mine is finally up, HERE:
http://patstamps.blogspot.com/2008/06/tssc-20-faux-handmade-paper.html

Anonymous said...

Great cards MJ, I really like the Pun Fun one, fave stamp set.

Unknown said...

Wow you have been busy. Gorgeous cards - Thanks for visiting at 2 Sketches 4 You - hope to see some of your stuff up there too
:)
Kazan

Anonymous said...

Here's my card:
http://stampwithtammy.typepad.com/stamp_with_tammy/2008/06/monday-lunchtime-sketch-20.html

I'm going to try another--not sure I like this one!!

Kerry D-C said...

Wow! I can't believe I didn't see your cards until today....where the heck have I been?!
These are RAVISHING!

Unknown said...

got mine up! http://pezadoodle.blogspot.com/2008/06/final-day-of-giveaways-and.html such fun!

Margaret Kane Ward said...

I finally got a card completed for this challenge. This was a fun sketch to work with.

http://margaelinks.blogspot.com/2008/06/lunchtime-sketch-challenge-20.html

Lori said...

Beautiful samples, Mary Jo! I love how you were inspired by the picture of Snow White. Here's my card for the challenge: http://inkingaloud.blogspot.com/2008/06/first-hibiscus-card.html. It's not an exact version of the sketch, but was definitely inspired by it.