Sunday, April 12, 2009

Monday Lunchtime Sketch Challenge #65

Welcome to another addition of the TSSC. This is sketch number 65 and I would love to have you play along. It is a fun and easy sketch. I have two samples to get your creative juices flowing and the team will be sharing more tomorrow. Be sure to come back and check out the link on the Mister Linky list below!

Here is the sketch.....

Both of my cards are using 100% current Stampin Up and therefore are part of my You're Hired Again series.


My first card is also my first card for the Color Throwdown Challenge Blog. I have never played along with these challenges so I thought I would give them a try.

Color Throwdown #37

This week's colors were chosen by LeAnne : Pink Pirouette, Cameo Coral and Sage Shadow! Nice springy colors!

I didn't think I would like the colors together but I do--I really do! what do you think?



Stamps: Friends 24-7, Really Retro
Paper: Cameo Coral and Sage Shadow, Whisper White and Pink Pirouette DP from the Bella Birds Collection
Ink: Basic Black, Cameo Coral
Other: scallop circle punch, 1 1/2 inch circle punch, word window punch, markers, circle scissors plus

My next card was my last contribution to this week's Latenight Stamper's Challenge. Again a color challenge - Baja Breeze, Sahara Sand, Chocolate Chip and Very Vanilla. (for some reason I used Basic Grey instead of Sahara Sand? Not sure what happened there, lol) The new challenge will be posted tomorrow and I will be sharing my first cards for that challenge soon after!





Stamps: Close as a Memory
Paper: Chocolate Chip, Very Vanilla, Baja Breeze DP, Basic Grey (Sahara Sand look alike, lol)
Ink: Very Vanilla, Chocolate Chip
Other: Stampin Up Sizzix Tag Die, Circle Scissors Plus, pretties kit, ribbon, markers

Come on and play along! After you make your sample come on back and leave a direct link to you card on Mister Linky below. When posting online please use the keywords TSSC65.

Thanks for playing.
Mary Jo


11 nice people left a comment:

LeAnne said...

Wow, Mary Jo, thanks for playing with us! This is a lovely sketch....I have been lurking here for several weeks and haven't done a single one! I guess I should remedy that! You are very inspirational (in more ways than one) and I really enjoy all your projects and links! This card turned out beautifully--this image is one of my favorites!
LeAnne

Kerry D-C said...

Great Sketch MJ! Your cards this week are just BEAUTIFUL! TFS

Lisa Somerville said...

Both flower cards are wonderful - love the color combinations.

Barbara said...

Beautiful cards--all of them!!! Thanks for playing the Throwdown--hope to see you next time!

Barbara said...

These are both lovely, MJ! Fun sketch.

Nancy Dawson said...

Both cards are great - as usual. Thanks for all the inspiration, love your blog and follow it faithfully. Nancy

Kristen said...

Great cards MJ. I love the sketch. I am going to try this today. Have a great day!

Kelly Mahany said...

I love your cards.. they are really beautiful. I left my link with Mr Linky and really enjoyed the lunchtime sketch. I took a little liberty with the sketch (changed the circle to another nestie shape) but otherwise stayed pretty true to it!

Thanks for letting me play!

Janna said...

What a superfun sketch! I love the way the circle is peeking out the side! Your samples thougha re gorgeous! The flower is so sweet and lovely on teh first and I adore the brown and blue on the second!

Smiles,
janna

PaperSunshine said...

I love this sketch! I love semi-circles in cards and on scrapbook pages so this caught my eye right away. Thanks again for a great sketch!
Lori

Tami said...

So glad I found these sketches. Love this one and will continue to play. Thanks for sharing all your gorgeous creations!