Friday, March 26, 2010

Blogger's Challenge--Sketch with 411 colors

It has been a few weeks since I have been able to play along with the Blogger's Challenge, and wouldn't you know it, I don't like my card!  I don't have time now to re-do it so maybe later.  But I am sharing anyway.  I think the idea was good but the card is not, lol.

Any way this week we had a sketch challenge so I combined it with the 411 Color Challenge.  Here is my sample..

Here is the sketch and the color challenge...




You can click on either picture above to be brought to the challenge.

Hope you have a great Friday.

Stamps:  Thoughts And Prayers, Three Little Words
Paper: Regal Rose, Whisper White, Basic Black, Sweet Pea Paper Pack,
Ink: Old Olive, Basic Black, Regal Rose
Other: circle punches, nestabilities, ribbon, sweet pea felt, Sponges, pencil eraser for flower circles

See ya soon,
Mary Jo

22 nice people left a comment:

Selene Kempton said...

Wow this is so pretty Mary Jo! I might have to try this combination for my card tonight. (for the 411). So sweet!

Lisa Somerville said...

What's not to like? You did a great job combining the sketch with the 411 colors!

Lisa Somerville said...

What's not to like? You did a great job combining the sketch with the 411 colors!

BarbaraW said...

You're being hard on yourself. The card turned out great. It's so pretty. I love the flowers in the bigger circle and how you added the saying with the large initioal in the little circle. and I wish I could add such beautiful bows.

Chrissy D said...

Beautiful card Mary Jo! I love your take on the sketch with the images and sentiment! TFS!

Crystal said...

I think your card is super cute!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Perfect image with the sketch- wonderful card- great colors too!!!

Ida said...

Okay not seeing what you don't like because this is pretty. Love the flowers in the large circle and the bow element looks great.

Tami Black said...

This is a stunner to me -- I love that you used two circles and I would never have thought to use Thoughts and Prayers as you've used it here. Very clever!

Kimberly Gajewski said...

This is beautifully done Mary Jo! That is the perfect image for this sketch and the colors are lovely! :D

Nikki Bond said...

Love everything about this..great details! {SMILES}

Basement Stamper said...

I agree with everyone, what do you not like about it?? I love the card, it is gorgeous!

Marsha Fisher said...

Gorgeous!! The color combo is so pretty and I will definitely take some inspiration from your use of combined stamp sets!

Claudia Perry said...

what a great combination of challenges!!! Love the felt circle on the bow!

Sue said...

You silly girl, this card is fabulous. I just love it! It's very different and the colors are great.

Margaret Raburn said...

MJ, I like your card!! I thought it was a difficult sketch, for me anyway, but you did a great job, and great use of the color scheme!

Sue from Oregon said...

well I love it...so there!

Connie Babbert said...

Love how you moved the circle over to the center of the other one! Great job!

Lisa Bohler said...

What a wonderful combo of color, images and paper! I like how you used the circle and rectangular portions of the sketch together.

Unknown said...

Oh so pretty!! I love that bow and the colors!!

Gerrie Johnnic said...

Very pretty GF, love how you combined the 2 challenges, the colors are just purfect! Happy Easter

Lori said...

Beautiful! Love the colors and the button-embellished bow.