Friday, September 24, 2010

Blogger's Challenge -- Going Green

This week Lisa was being good to our earth by asking us to Recycle or Reuse something.  I decided to did in my bin of cheap finds that I can't pass up (usually under one dollar).  I found this cute little metal frame thingy--it was twenty five cents.  Thought it would be fun to make a new Christmas Decoration for my door to the studio (basement, lol).  Here is the before....

And the quick and easy re-do...






I think these snowmen are too cute.  Such a fun and easy project.  Thanks Lisa at least that is one thing out of my bin--only a couple thousand more to go!!!

Stamps: Holiday Lineup
Paper: Real Red, Whisper White
Ink: Basic Black
Other: ribbon, markers, rub on sentiment

Off to do some clean up outside--it is a beautiful day!
Mary Jo

16 nice people left a comment:

Lisa Somerville said...

How cute, wonderful holiday decor! For 25 cents it sure turned into something fab!

Gayle Page-Robak said...

What a great idea and a head-start on the holiday season. Beautifully created, Mary Jo.

Marsha Fisher said...

WOW--this is SOOO cute!!!! Great job on this challenge and on finding such a bargain! :-D

Tami Black said...

I MUST GET THIS STAMP SET! I say that everytime I see something done with it and this is absolutely adorable. Would never have come up with this idea to reuse and it is PERFECT!

Shelly Schmidt said...

What a darling wall hanging! I always look forward to seeing what other people have in their 'recycle bin'!

BarbaraW said...

What a clever project. Great recycle project.

Claudia Perry said...

OHHHH - this turned out WAY CUTE!

Ida said...

How cute! What a great holiday decoration and only a 25 - Wow, great find.

Rachel Hope said...

Adorable! Great project!

Basement Stamper said...

Fabulous entry way sign, will be nice to look at every time you walk into your studio.

Kimberly Gajewski said...

This is so adorable Mary Jo! What a great find! :D

Sharna Russell said...

Thanks for the great inspiration, i also gave this challenge a go. Thanks i have now been for a wander right around the house and i can see so much potential
www.infusecreations.blogspot.com

Marilyn SanClemente said...

So cute!! I love these snowmen!

tonistamps said...

You rocked this challenge Mary Jo! I love it! Makes me wonder when I see stuff like this now...

Clara said...

This is way too cute! I sure wish I had found such a great bargain. Great job, it's a great holiday decor item.

Anonymous said...

very cute! Late but better then never----love the frame--it's very nice!