Friday, June 22, 2012

A fun sketch challenge--

But if was a challenge, lol!  Funny because when Mary played with my sketch challenge for this week she said she struggled with it, well, I can say the same right back at you Mary!  I had a bit of an issue with this one but I was determine to try it.  My first card--I thought I had a great idea, but the finished product-not so great!  But I am sharing it with you anyway.  I think I got a bit carried away with the gel pen.....





So since I was not so happy with that one, I had to try again.  Hence my second card with this sketch.

..
I am still not sure I really like either of them but it was a fun sketch and I had fun playing!  Nice to have a bit of stampin time!

If you have questions please ask in the comments section but be sure to leave your e-mail since I can not reply to comments on blogger.  Sorry no details, no catalog near me and I can remember the names of the new papers and sets yet!

Have a great Friday!
Mary Jo

6 nice people left a comment:

Deb said...

Both cards are great, Mary Jo!! It is a challenging sketch but you did awesome!! Love the colors and texture of the first one! And the colors and dsp look great on the second! Thanks for playing the challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

Jen Mitchell said...

I think they're both terrific. This was a tough sketch but you pulled it off beautifully. Thanks for joining us at Create With Connie and Mary!

Debbie Henderson Debbie's Designs said...

Great job on the sketch challenge with both cards Mary Jo. How patient you are with the gel pen! Thanks for playing CCMC this week!

Connie Babbert said...

I agree...it was a touch sketch, but you did pull it off with BOTH cards! Thanks for playing along with the sketch challenge this week on Create with Connie and Mary!

Mary Brown said...

WOW...these are both FABULOUS Mary Jo! Love how you did the lace border on the one! Thanks for playing along this week in the Create with Connie & Mary Thursday Challenge!

Lisa Martz said...

I really like them both! It's good to get carried away sometimes and make a card you really wouldn't make a million of. Thanks for playing the Create with Connie & Mary Challenge this week!