Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Firt Day of School! So sad.

I am so sad that there are only a few more weeks before the kiddos go back to school. Summer is just so short. But since it is coming up so fast we decided to focus on Back to School projects this week on the Latenightstamper's group! I have so many ideas for little thank you type teacher gifts that I want to make. I know for sure what I am making my son's teacher for first day of school--just haven't been able to get all the supplies together yet so I will have to post it a bit later. But I did see a darling little idea on Pinterest to package up two tea light candles with a decorated box of matches and thought that would be a super cute little gift for some of the teacher/staff at school so I make one with a matching card. Hope you like it. Actually I hope the recipients like it, lol!







It don't seem like it in the picture but the flowers are the same colors.  I could not get the candle package and the large flower to both look good because of the glare of the plastic bag.  But I am sure you get the idea.  These were two of the projects at my clubs this month.

Stamps:  Stippled Blossoms, Just Believe
Paper: Island Indigo, Whisper White, Twitterpated DP
Ink: Riding Hood Red, Pink Pirouette, Island Indigo, Basic Black
Other: Beautiful Butterflies embosslit, Little Leaves Sizzlit, box matches, tea light candles, clear envelopes, thin ribbon, MDS for sentiment.

Check back all week for more gift ideas.
Mary Jo

7 nice people left a comment:

Kris McIntosh said...

MaryJo, this is just sensational. I love the stampset you have used. The combination of candles and decorate matchbox is just adorable. Thanks so much for sharing. This will have to go on my "to do" list.

Kylie said...

just gorgeous!

Jonia said...

What a great set. Love the card and the little cute gift with matches and candles! Great idea!

Kris Sobolik said...

This is a great idea and your turned out so pretty!

vickiw said...

some schools around here started last week already, Our town yesterday. enjoy the last weeks with your kiddos 'cause it's "life on a treadmill time after that".lol
This is beautiful and I'm sure the teachers will love it. My baby just started her first day of teaching.:D

Sherrill Graff owner said...

this is really really nice. thanks for always inspiring us

LeAnne said...

Gorgeous card, and very nice idea for the gift set!